What is the ARB Warn Outback Challenge?
Australia's toughest four wheel drive event held over one week outside of Broken Hill, NSW every May.
When is it held?
May each year.
Who can enter?
We have 2 classes.
• One for experienced four wheel drivers who wish to take less modified four wheel drives ie your basic Nissan Patrol or Cruiser.
• The other class is for very experienced competitive drivers with highly modified four wheel drives
What sort of skill do teams require?
• Drivers need to be able to drive or winch near vertical walls and descend similar terrain.
• Drive and navigate treacherous cross country areas where there are no roads or towns for many miles.
• Show excellent mechanical, first aid, orienteering and general knowledge skills
How do I enter?
The entry form will be available on October 23rd.
All previous participants will receive an entry form automatically.
If you'd like a form check out the website www.outbackchallenge.com
How do find out about vehicle specs, rules etc?
A full comprehensive list of vehicle specs will be available on our website
See the supplementary rules information here
Can I watch the event?
We allow for 4wd vehicle based spectators.
Spectators can nominate the team they wish to follow and they are then led by a guide in a tag-a-long style to each competitive area.
Spectators also attend the presentation night.
Spectator information can also be obtained from the event website.
How do I get more information?
Contact the organisers:
Australian 4WD Events
Paul and Sharyn Vanderhorst
PO Box 330, Croydon, vic Aust 3136
Phone: 03 9725 3806
Mobile: 0419 753 321
Fax: 03 9723 2022
The above information is taken directly from the Outback Challenge website. Thanks Sharyn & Paul.